Through-hole PCB assembly is referred to as a mounting scheme, in which electronic components are inserted through holes drilled into PCBs and soldered to pads on the opposite side either by using automated insertion mount machine or manual assembly. At Tortai, we offer a complete range of through-hole manufacturing capabilities including auto-insertion, wave, and selective soldering. More to this, we also offer automated component insertion of both radial and axial components.
Manual and Automated Through-hole Assembly Offered by Tortai
At Tortai, we use both manual and automated through-hole techniques for placing radial and axial components. When it comes to small-volume production, we usually prefer automated through-hole PCB technique. This helps reduce material handling and labor. Our manual technique can handle complex through-hole assembly challenges. This technique is designed to minimize operator movement as well as product travel. Documentation along with in-process checks ensure the complete and accurate population of the assembly. Wave-soldering is utilized for both through-hole and surface mount components. However, we prefer to use it for through-hole components. Moreover, in mixed technology PCBs are both reflowed and wave-soldered.
Our Through-hole Assembly Capabilities
At Tortai, we offer the following through-hole assembly services:
• Manual Insertion of Components
• Hand Soldering
• Radial and Automate Insertion
• Double Wave Flow Solder
• Legacy Assembly or RoHS Soldering using tin-lead solder
• Make use of low and high melting point solder
• Inspection and functional testing
• Conformal Coating
• Encapsulation of PCB
• Device Programming
Advantages of Through-hole PCB Assemblies
A through-hole assembly offers certain benefits, some of them are as follows:
1. Easier Prototyping: Through-hole has become an industry standard because of its reliability. More to being reliable, through-hole components can easily be exchanged.
2. Strong Physical Connections: Unlike SMT components, through-hole components can withstand mechanical or environmental stress as they run through the board rather than being secured to the circuit board surface.
3. Superior Power Handling Capability: Through-hole soldering forms a superior bond between the circuit board and components. This makes the board perfect for larger components that will undergo high voltage and high current.
4. Greater Heat Tolerance: Owing to the high heat tolerance capability, through-hole PCB assembly is preferred for many products in aerospace and military sectors.
For over several years, from prototyping to production to repair, Tortai Technology has been offering mixed, surface mount, and through-hole PCB assembly services. We assure that you need not worry about the quality as our diligent staff follows all the inspection steps for through-hole PCB assembly.